Are you one idea away from succeeding online? Do you want to be using the internet to attract new business, but secretly worry that you're missing the concept that will transform your marketing program?
Truth is, there are so many opinions out there on how to market online, but not all of them are good.
In this guide, you'll get proven strategies that you can use to:
- Raise awareness and interest
- Get more website visitors
- Encourage direct bookings (saving 3rd-party fees)
- Build your brand reputation
- Develop loyal fans that do your marketing for you
- Grow top-line revenue and bottom-line profits
This guide is very focused on results. Inside, you'll find page after page of market-tested ideas that will make you and your hotel more money.
The Savvy Hotelier's Guide to Hotel Marketing Ideas is divided into 10 sections:
Part 1: Strategy
- How the way people use the web has fundamentally changed (And what it means for you)
- Common characteristics of the most marketing-savvy hotels today
- Ways to involve your whole staff in the marketing process
- How hotels on "shoestring" budgets are using sites like Expedia and Priceline to their advantage
Part 2: Market Research
- Why the web is the perfect research environment (And how to take advantage of that)
- How to (ethically) monitor your competitors' marketing strategies
- Tips for getting cheap, nearly-instant market feedback on your new ideas
Part 3: Advertising
- Evaluation questions to use before a campaign to improve your chances of success
- The important distinction between mass promotion and mass personalization - and how to make it work for you
- Why (and how) to audit your advertising performance and profit contribution
- The 100+ year-old advertising awareness process that is still true today
Part 4: Website
- Best design tips for building effective hotel websites
- Specific ideas for increasing your website's sales conversion rate (turning website browsers into bookers)
- Top 10 email marketing tips for hotels
- How to integrate multiple languages and perform well internationally
- A new strategy that 3 (very different) hotels are using to boost sales
Part 5: Search Engine Marketing
- How to show search engines your content is valuable to their users
- The 'lazy' way to quickly growing your web presence
- How 'hyper-local' blogging might help you
- Top 10 factors search engines use for local search results ranking
- Dangerous SEO myths to avoid
- How to save money (and boost profits) when using paid search advertising
Part 6: Online Reputation Management
- How (and where) to listen to what people are saying about your hotel online
- Free tools that make this process quick and simple
- The most important terms and phrases you must monitor
- Ways you can proactively build your online reputation
- Insider tips from managers at 5 popular guest-reviewed hotels
Part 7: Social Media
- Top social media uses for hotels (Plus: 10 common pitfalls)
- Detailed, platform-specific tips for each of the major social media networks: Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogging, social bookmarking
- How to build a social media fanbase that does most of the work for you online…for free
- Time management tips for social media management (Plus: top tools to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness)
- How to turn social media activity into additional profits for your hotel or organization
Part 8: Press and Media
- Why creating an exceptional experience is foundational to positive PR
- The systems and procedures you'll need in place to ensure this happens
- Low-cost, high-impact places to distribute your news
- How to use "firestarters" to quickly spread any message
- How to enlist bloggers in your campaign to generate internet buzz
Part 9: Metrics and Measurement
- How to read "behind the numbers" and get insights for making decisions
- The most important metrics to track...and why
- Vital website metrics (Plus ideas for testing)
- Key email marketing and social media metrics (Plus ideas for testing)
Part 10: Service
- The steps successful hotels take to ensure great service
- How to design a 'service architecture' for a consistently good guest experience
- 2 questions you need to ask each of your guests
Bonus report: "How to Automate Your Marketing"
Normally $39...but FREE with your order
Are you letting the urgent get in the way of the important? In this industry, there are so many demands on our time, and it’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks and lose sight of the bigger picture.
One of the best ways you can fight this tendency is to put select marketing tasks on “autopilot.” Of course, there will always be activities that require your active participation, but those may be less than you think. This guide will show you some practical, straightforward ideas to automate select routine marketing tasks.
We were going to sell this guide separately for $39 – and still plan to – but right now it is free for everyone who orders the Savvy Hotelier’s Guide to Hotel Marketing Ideas.
....So you see we've done all the hard work for you here. You could probably spend a ton of time and money putting together this info on your own…but why? We are prepared to hand it to you on an "silver platter" and offer you an ironclad guarantee:
Results Guaranteed (110% Money Back Policy)
- We go far beyond the standard 30-day guarantee … you can return this next year and still get your money back. So don't hesitate to order it just to see if it would work for your situation. You can keep it as long as you need to test the concepts.
- Our "better than money back" guarantee means you will get 110% of the purchase price back if a refund is requested. If you return this $97 product, $107 would be sent back to your bank account.
- To top this all off - for all refunds, you get to keep the digital product. We'll even add any material you thought was missing, and give you a free copy of the new version to reward you for the suggestion.
- Any refunds are processed quickly and hassle-free. Our dedicated support staff is ready to answer any questions, and there are multiple communication options (phone, fax, e-mail) for your convenience.
All this to say: there is absolutely nothing you could lose. You can get, use, and review these ideas without risking a single cent of your money. Zero risk. In the worst case scenario, you'll get over 1,000 free marketing ideas you can use and profit from.
Buy it now, and decide later if you want to keep it!
"This guide is an excellent starting point for developing any hotel's successful online marketing strategies - very comprehensive."
- Joseph Curran
Marketing Director, Hotel Nikko
San Francisco, USA
"I've just finished reading The Savvy Hoteliers Guide to Hotel Marketing Ideas, and found it packed full of easy to digest marketing ideas. Let me reassure you that $97 added to this month's marketing budget will be the best value marketing expenditure you make. You'll have an arsenal of ideas to implement within your own business and it may just allow you to reduce your 2010 marketing expenditure by a lot more than $97!"
- Russell Imrie
How to purchase
The Savvy Hotelier's Guide to Hotel Marketing Ideas costs $97 USD and can be securely purchased with PayPal or any major credit card: